Frequently Asked Questions
2012-05-09 03:08

Q: I am a Norwegian and plan to visit China. Do I need a visa?

A: Yes. For detailed information on how to apply for a Chinese visa, please see: Visa Categories and documents Required.


Q: My child is traveling to China with me. He is not able to sign on his application. Can I sign it on his behalf?

A: Yes.


Q: I am going to Guangdong, then to Hong Kong and back to Guangdong again. Does it mean that I must have a double-entry visa?

A: Yes. Double-entry visa allows you to enter the mainland of China twice. Since you are going to Guangdong in the mainland of China twice, you must have a double-entry visa. Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region of China.


Q: I am living in a city far from Oslo. It is very difficult for me to come to your Embassy in Oslo to get a visa. I am wondering if I can send you the visa application by post.

A: No. Effective from December 1, 2009, the Consular Section of the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Norway ceased accepting visa or legalization applications submitted from postal service. Applicants should submit their applications at the front desk of the Consular Section or through the service of travel agencies. Any application sent to the Embassy by mail after the termination date will not be handled, and therefore will be returned to the sender. We are sorry for the inconvenience that may cause.

Suggest To A Friend: